On February 5, 2005 we adopted a young black
February 5, 2005 we adopted a young black lab from Animal Humane Society Golden Valley.
My now-husband and I were in the cities for the weekend and I talked him into stopping by the humane society because I had my heart set on a lap dog. That day we met Timber, the next day my husband woke up thinking about Timber and we knew we had to go back and get him! Timber was a young lab who was surrendered because he was an “escape artist,” the people surrendering him said they had purchased him from a breeder and he had been trained to pheasant hunt. Timber made the 3.5 hour trip home with us that frigid February day. When we got home after being gone for the weekend we quickly realized that our furnace was not working and it was about 40 degrees in our house. My now-husband and I scrambled trying to figure out what was wrong with the furnace while Timber apparently kept himself busy eating all of his paperwork we had gotten from the humane society about him! We looked at each other and weren't sure what we...
The last Posts from "Happy Tails"
- I adopted my dog Lilly from the St. Paul location right after
- Little girl was a forget-me-not who had been
- Once upon a time, there was a hamster named
- Five years ago we brought home our cat, Mia, from your St
- In May of 2005, I adopted my cat Marley from
- We found our new dog, Kim Novak, a beautiful
- This is long overdue as we adopted your Miss Marple back on
- We were looking for a dog to adopt about two
- I'm semi-retired and live alone. It had been about three years
- Who saved who? This summer had been one of the
- Last fall we had to put down our beloved Max, a
- I adopted a one year old cat named Snowball
- I made a split second decision on my way home
- We adopted Gracie in the middle of May from the Golden Valley
- I've been fostering with the Animal Humane
- Long, trim Jazz the Cat, 16, had ample
- This sweet girl is Ebbie, we adopted her when
- I saw a photo of a cat named Spud. I
- We wandered into the St. Paul Animal Humane
- After having to say goodbye to my 16-year old
The headlines of Pet Mag
Guide to Long Distance Binoculars
Guide to choosing the best high powered long distance binoculars to be used for land based observation. Most high lower bins are usually designed with astronomy in mind...
Best Birding Binocular 2016/2017
During the year many, many binoculars arrive on my desk for testing and review. So at times even I can find it a little overwhelming as to which is best. This every year I...
BirdWatching Binoculars 101
If you are new to birding, choosing your first pair of binoculars can seem a little daunting, but it needn't be. This guide takes you thought where to start and all the...
Marlgu Billabong at the end of the dry season
Your Dog's Risk For Creepy Mouth-Burrowing Beetles Increases In Winter
The Science Behind Cute Aggression: Why We Want To Squeeze Adorable Creatures
Top Veterinary Articles of the Week: Elevated Liver Enzymes, Collapsed...
Loyal Dog Found Guarding Home Weeks After Wildfire Burned It To The Ground
"DOUGLAS" mature Chihuahua."FROSTY" maltese mix teenager."MINDY" young...
Available for adoption at Multnomah County Animal Services ! Douglas, male Chihuahua, age n/a here's my Mcas weblink 172684 I'm Douglas - A dignified older Chihuahua fella just...
Kicking Off the Bird Count Season at Cangreja, Costa Rica
December is a busy time in Costa Rica. The end of the scholastic year coincides with the commencement of the “summer”dry season and a host of festivities to celebrate Christmas...
Veterinary Highlights: New DNA-Based Strategy for Detection of TCC/UC from...
This year in the US, approximately 80,000 dogs will be diagnosed with canine transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary tract. This is an aggressive, invasive cancer. An...
"BUTTERBEAN" lab mix."NUTMRG" shepherd mix
Available for adoption at Multnomah County Animal Services ! Butterbean, female Lab mix, 2 yrs 66 lbs here's my Mcas weblink 172253My name is Butterbean and I have never met an...
"BERNADETTE" Happy Adoption Update!
Happy Adoption: Bernadette Dec 2018, "I adopted Bernadette as a 7-year-old pup about 2 months ago. I had been volunteering in the kennels for a while. Every time I came I'd...