After our 14-year-old rescue passed away last
After our 14-year-old rescue passed away last fall, there was an emptiness in our home. Missing our sweet pup/having a dog around the house, my daughter Kaylynn and I would comb the AHS site almost daily with dogs we were interested in.
With our chaotic schedule, I told Kaylynn that we may have to hold off on adopting another dog. This summer I took on a new job that would be much more accommodating and knew we could start considering bringing another dog into our house. After finding Princess on the AHS website and reading about her background, I knew we were the family for her. She was timid and had problems with encountering people. Knowing that we had been through that with a dog before and that we were patient and willing to go though that again, I set out to adopt Princess. Princess was put on hold on July 3. I made arrangements to pick her up on the 5th since they were closed. I decided to surprise my daughter Kaylynn with the adoption.
The staff at AHS was great. We have adopted all of our cats from...
The last Posts from "Happy Tails"
- I adopted my dog Lilly from the St. Paul location right after
- Little girl was a forget-me-not who had been
- Once upon a time, there was a hamster named
- Five years ago we brought home our cat, Mia, from your St
- In May of 2005, I adopted my cat Marley from
- We found our new dog, Kim Novak, a beautiful
- This is long overdue as we adopted your Miss Marple back on
- We were looking for a dog to adopt about two
- I'm semi-retired and live alone. It had been about three years
- Who saved who? This summer had been one of the
- Last fall we had to put down our beloved Max, a
- I adopted a one year old cat named Snowball
- I made a split second decision on my way home
- We adopted Gracie in the middle of May from the Golden Valley
- I've been fostering with the Animal Humane
- Long, trim Jazz the Cat, 16, had ample
- This sweet girl is Ebbie, we adopted her when
- I saw a photo of a cat named Spud. I
- We wandered into the St. Paul Animal Humane
- After having to say goodbye to my 16-year old
The headlines of Pet Mag
Guide to Long Distance Binoculars
Guide to choosing the best high powered long distance binoculars to be used for land based observation. Most high lower bins are usually designed with astronomy in mind...
Best Birding Binocular 2016/2017
During the year many, many binoculars arrive on my desk for testing and review. So at times even I can find it a little overwhelming as to which is best. This every year I...
BirdWatching Binoculars 101
If you are new to birding, choosing your first pair of binoculars can seem a little daunting, but it needn't be. This guide takes you thought where to start and all the...
Regulatory Avenues for Improving Farm Animal Lives: A Summer at the Animal...
M.S. in Animals and Public Policy Externship Experience July-August 2018 Regulatory Avenues for Improving Farm Animal Lives: A Summer at the Animal Welfare Institute Sophia...
Rescue Rebuild and Nashville Humane Association Team Up To Help Neighboring...
Part of each sale through the iHeartDogs store is donated to Greater Good , which helps support various charities. Thanks to customers like you, happy endings, like the one...
How To Spoil Your Senior Dog This Holiday Season
The holidays are a great excuse to shower your pooch with gifts. Our faithful friends may not understand the significance of the season, but they deserve the best no matter...
Infrared Thermography Diagnoses Early IVDD: Jack's Story
When it comes to infrared thermography, I have only one question. Why doesn't every clinic have this yet? Perhaps it's not the miracle diagnose-all method, but I think it's...
A Beautiful Way To Give Back & Save Lives This Holiday Season
There's a reason the holidays are called “The Giving Season.” People feel compelled to reach a little deeper into their pockets at this time of year. Our favorite causes...
Don't Surprise Anyone With An Animal
Take caution before giving someone an animal this holiday season.
4 Facts About Dog Eyesight You Probably Don't Know
Staring into a dog's pleading eyes might cost you the last bite of your sandwich or the leftovers from your dinner plate, and there's no doubt in your mind those big puppy dog...
Motherhood and Veterinary School
Cummings School researchers find that women who are pregnant, raising children, or considering parenthood at U.S. veterinary training institutions may lack adequate support
It's Not Just Grain-Free: An Update on Diet-Associated Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Dr. Freeman provides an update on diet-associated dilated cardiomyopathy in dogs
Labels Like Mutt And Mixed Breed Are Out, American Shelter Dog Is In
For millions of shelter dogs across the country, labels matter. Dogs are labeled almost as soon as they walk through the shelter door. For a lucky few, labels like Labrador...